Samsung has unveiled the new Galaxy Z Fold 3 alongside the Galaxy Z Flip 3, Galaxy Buds 2, and Galaxy Watch 4 series in Nepal. Not to forget, Galaxy Z Fold 3 is the first folding phone to pack the under-display camera sensor. Here, we will look at the specs, features, availability, and the official price of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Overview
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 features a 7.5-inch Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with Full HD+ resolution and 120Hz of adaptive refresh rate. The screen is protected by the Gorilla Glass Victus and boasts a resolution of 2208×1768 pixels. It supports HDR10+ content with an excellent experience.
The cover screen has a 6.2-inch HD+ panel with a 2268×832 resolution. There is a center-aligned punch-hole cutout in the cover while the main screen flaunts an under-display camera setup. The screen can resist 80% scratches and supports S-pen as well.
Like the Galaxy Z Flip 3, and Armor Aluminum frame protects the parts and makes them more durable. Further, it is IPX8 certified for water resistivity. Lastly, there is a pill-shaped camera module with a triple camera sensor and a LED flash. As per color configurations, there are three – Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver.
Performance and Memory
Powering the Galaxy Z Fold 3 is Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 based on a 5nm manufacturing process. There is an octa-core CPU clocked at the maximum speed of 2.84GHz. In the graphics factor, there is Adreno 660 processor for an enhanced experience.
Moving on, you can get 12GB LPDDR5x RAM teamed with either 256GB or 512GB internal storage of UFS 3.1. Likewise, the handset has Android 11 running on top of One UI 3.5 on the software front.
Let’s move on to optics, there is a triple camera setup inside the pill-shaped module as mentioned before. The 12MP primary sensor has an f/1.8 aperture and Dual Pixel PDAF. Others are a 12MP ultrawide lens of 123 degrees field of view and a 12MP telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom. The first and the last one sports Optical Image Stabilization (OIS).
For the selfie shooter, there is a 10MP lens of f/2.2 aperture. As mentioned above, there is a 4P snapper under the display of the main screen.
Battery and Extras
Fueling the Galaxy Z Fold 3 is a 4,400mAh battery with 25W charging support. In addition, it can get charged via 11W wireless accessories as well as a 4.5W reverse charger. The wired charging is done via a USB Type-C 3.2 port.
For biometrics, there is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner but also supports face unlock. Moreover, there is 5G, dual-Band Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and stereo speakers for additional features.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Specifications
- Unfolded: 158.2 x 128.1 x 6.4 mm
- Folded: 15.8 x 67.1x 14.4-16mm
- Weight: 271g
- Main: 7.6-inch Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel, HDR10+, 1200 nits (peak), FHD+, 120Hz
- Cover: 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel, HD+, 120Hz
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G (5nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1x 2.85GHz kryo 680 & 3x 2.42Ghz Kryo 680 & 4x 1.8Ghz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 12GB LPDDR5
- Memory: 256/512GB
- Software: Android 11 with One UI 3.5
- Rear Camera: Triple Cameras
- Primary: 12MP with f/1.8, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- Ultrawide: 12MP with f/2.2, 123-degree FOV
- Telephoto: 12MP with f/2.4, PDAF, OIS, 2x Optical Zoom
- Front Camera: 4MP (on main screen) / 10MP (Cover display)
- Video: Resolutions
- Rear: 4k@60fps, 1080p@60/240fps, 720p@960fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+
- Front: 4k@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Biometrics: Fingerprint (Side-Mounted) & Face Unlock (Software-Based)
- Connectivity: 5G, dual-band Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, Type-C 3.2 port
- Battery: 4,400mAh with 25W wired charging, 11W wireless charging, & 4.5W reverse wireless
- Color: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Price in Nepal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 has started pre-order in Nepal. The official price of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 in Nepal is NPR 2,19,99 for the 12/256GB variant and NPR 2,29,999 for the 12/512GB variant. You can book the handset with an initial deposit of NPR 5,000. You can also implement 0% EMI payment starting from NPR 10,500 only. If you are interested in the latter, it is available from Nabil, NIC Asia, Sunrise, Global IME, Laxmi, Machhapuchhre, Sanima, Nepal Investment, Mega, NMB, and Kumari Bank customers alongside other financial institutions, namely Upasana Bahuudeshya Sahakari Sanstha Limited and Hulas Investment.
However, the phone will start distribution from September 22 only. For those who pre-book the Galaxy Z Fold 3, you can get 12 months of free breakage insurance by NLG Insurance Company Ltd. Besides these, you can enjoy one of the three of the following benefits:-
- Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Earbuds for free
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 42mm for an additional Rs. 25,000
- Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46mm for an additional Rs. 27,000
|Model||Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 price in Nepal|
|Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 (12/256GB)||NPR 2,19,999|
|Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 (12/512GB)||NPR 2,29,999|
- Trade-in facilities from Arko Store and IMS Smart (up to NPR 6,000 cash benefit)
- Galaxy Gifts worth NPR 10,000 from:
- KGH Group, GymKhana Muay Thai, Hotel Mariott Kathmandu, Gokarna Forest Resort, Smart Doko, The Statement NP, IMS Little Smiles, Let Me In, Tranquility Spa, Hotel Shambala