After Google released the beta version of Android 12, the rumour about a 2021 Flagship Pixel phone – Google Pixel 6 leaks all over the internet. Though only rumoured and not announced, the phone has already caught the attention of many audiences. Last week, a leaked picture of the handset was hovering all over the web. Google Pixel 6 will be redesigned following the leaks, making it different from its predecessor – Pixel 5.
Now, let’s see the expected specs of the unannounced new Google Purebred.
Google Pixel 6 overviews:
Design and Display:
The new Google Pixel 6 looked very different from its predecessor Pixel 5 from the pictures.
An unknown source has claimed around 6.4” inch diagonal measure of the new handset whereas Pixel 5 was just 6” inch. The phone is expected with 8.9mm thickness with 11.8mm thickness in-camera bump with not-so-thick sized bezels. The phone is seemed to be packed with a punch-hole display.
The power and volume sensors are on the right side and the SIM card slot is on the left. At the bottom of the phone, a USB-C port is visible alongside what is probably a speaker and a primary mic.
There was no visible port for a 3.5 mm headphone jack which has led us to believe a wired USB-C earphone should do the job for listening to music.
The handset has two rear cameras and one front camera. The back camera is in a horizontal bump with moderate bezels.
Though the resolutions of all three cameras are unknown yet, we shouldn’t expect less than a 12.2MP primary lens, 16MP ultra-wide sensor, and an 8MP selfie camera previously seen on Pixel 5. Since the new handset is improved and redesigned in many aspects, we will have higher resolution camera sensors as well.
Somewhere along with the market, it is also rumored that it has a 50MP primary sensor with 8MP periscope snapper boosting 5x optical zoom alongside an ultra-wide camera. There is also a possibility that the handset will support 4K video recording.
Processor and memory:
There was a hint or two about Google Pixel 6 featuring Android 12 upon release. Though it’s only a rumor the phone is expected upon September-October with Android 12. And it has an in-house chipset co-developed by Samsung with the codename ‘Whitechapel’. The chip will come with 5nm focusing on AI and machine learning.
Since Pixel 5 used Snapdragon 765G (7nm), there is a chance Pixel 6 will use the Snapdragon 780G chipset which recently made a debut in Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G.
The handset is expected in 8/128GB with UFS 2.2. This is an improvement over its predecessor which had the fixed UFS 2.1.
Battery and others:
Google Pixel 5 had a 4080mAh, wireless charging, wireless reverse charging the battery, and a 90Hz refresh rate. The battery lasted up to 48 hours for gentle use with the battery saver on. The Google Pixel 6 leaks to have around 5000mAh battery with a 120Hz refresh rate which is not so much of a game-changer. Some source has also lowered the expectation by the information that the new Pixel phone will only have a 3100mAh battery. But we can’t sure until the announcement is done.
The phone is rumoured to have an in-screen fingerprint reader underneath and we all know quite well that is huge progress since Pixel 5 had the old-fashioned fingerprint sensor at the back of the phone. It includes other sensors like an accelerometer, gyro meter, proximity, and compass. It comes with Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11, a GPS, and an NFC.
Google Pixel 6: What we want it to be?
Google has its audience expecting big things from the brand. With the rumor, the expectation level is at a peak. Few things the population is expecting from the new model are:
- People have expected the handset in a compact form that would be easy and comfortable to carry around.
- Pixel 5 had a nice refresh rate of 90Hz. Now the general public has been expecting 120Hz of a remarkable refresh rate.
- Since the Google Pixel 5 was not much credited for its design, the audience has expected an interesting outlook for the new phone.
- We expect this device to get launched with a powerful processor. Since the flagship 2020 – Pixel 5 came up with a Snapdragon 765G which was lower for the flagship phones in the year with Snapdragon 865.
- Since Google has been encouraging the world to buy Chromecast, Pixel 6 leaks the HDMI video out via a USB-C to HDMI connector.
- The new model of Google Pixel is expected to have a telephoto camera because of its predecessors’ digital zooming. The phones without a doubt have great cameras but the zooming just looks downright cropped. Hopefully, with the new handset, we’ll be able to enjoy a telephoto camera.
We, the audience are looking forward to the new Pixel phone with great performance, processor, cameras, and other specs. Hope the Google Pixel 6 stands up to all the expectations.