We recently saw the Xiaomi 12S series smartphones – 12S, 12S Pro, and 12S Ultra. And now, it has hit us with a new smartphone – Xiaomi 12 Lite. This is the most affordable smartphone from the 12-series till now. In this article, we will dig into the specs, features, availability, and the expected price of Xiaomi 12 Lite in Nepal.
Xiaomi 12 Lite Overview
Display and Design
From the design perspective, the Xiaomi 12 Lite looks different from the other smartphones in the 12 series. It looks more like the Redmi Note 11 series we saw a while back. It weighs 173 grams and measures 7.3mm in thickness. There is a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 at the front while the back and the frame are made up of plastic. The body is also IP53 rated for dust and splash resistance. There are three color options available for the phone – Black, Lite Green, and Lite Pink.
There is a 6.55-inch AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. It boasts HDR10+ content with 68B colors in a 12-nit panel that can deliver up to 950nits of peak brightness. Likewise, it has a 1080×2400-pixel capacity and 402-pixel density. In addition, it brings Dolby Vision, 1920Hz PWM dimming, and TrueColor technology. Above the screen, there is a center-aligned punch-hole cutout to hold the front-facing camera.
Performance and Memory
Further, the device is driven by Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor based on a 6nm fabrication process. There lie eight Kryo 670 cores among which four are clocked at the speed of 2.4GHz and the rest at 1.8GHz. Likewise, the graphics depart is handled by Adreno 642L. This is the chipset we have seen in many premium mid-range offerings this year.
As per memory, there are three memory configurations – 6/128GB, 8/128GB, and 8/256GB of UFS 2.2. Unfortunately, you can not expand the internal storage since there is no microSD card slot. Over the software front, 12S Pro boots on Android 12 on top of MIUI 13.
Camera and Audio
Under the hood, the phone brings a triple camera setup with Samsung’s 108MP HM2 primary lens with an f/1.9 aperture, 0.7-microns pixel capacity, and PDAF support. It is then followed by an 8MP ultrawide sensor with a 120-degree field of view. Completing the setup is a 2MP macro shooter with an f/2.4 aperture. The module also holds a dual-LED dual-tone flash for better night shots.
Moreover, there is a 32MP Samsung ISOCELL G82 selfie snapper with an f/2.5 aperture and 0.8-microns pixel capacity. It even supports Auto Focus, multiple modes, Auto HDR, Eye Tracking, and Selfie zoom for your enhanced experience. And to top this off, there is a dual-LED flash at the front for clear selfies in low-lit conditions. Here, the back camera can record up to 4K videos at 30 frames per second while the front is limited to 1080p.
For audio, there is a loudspeaker system with dual speakers that tune out 24-bit/192kHz audio. And since there is no 3.5mm jack on the device, you need to rely on the Bluetooth audio accessories.
Rest of the specs
Fueling the phone is a low-powered 4,300mAh battery with 67W fast charging. It can charge from 0 to 50% in just 13 minutes and from 0 to 100% in 41. In addition, it supports the in-house AdaptiveCharge technology to slow down the charging at night after 80% for protection.
For biometrics, there is an under-display fingerprint sensor followed by a software-based face unlock. Other sensors include an accelerometer, gyro, compass, and Virtual Proximity Sensing.
For connectivity, there is Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC), a region-dependent NFC, and an infrared blaster.
Xiaomi 12 Lite Specifications
- Body: 73.7 x 159.3 x 7.29mm, 173 gm
- Display: 6.55-inches AMOLED DotDisplay, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 12-bit color depth
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 402 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Other Properties: 68 billion colors, 1920Hz PVM Dimming, True Color Technology, 950nits peak brightness
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6nm mobile platform)
- Memory: 6/8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128/256GB UFS 2.2 storage (fixed)
- Software: Android 12 with Xiaomi’s MIUI 13 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 108MP, f/1.88 Samsung ISOCELL HM2
– 8MP, f/2.2 ultrawide sensor, 120° FoV
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.45 sensor (hole-punch cutout)
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos Audio
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor (optical), Face unlocks
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, E-compass, Gyro, Proximity, IR blaster
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), Wi-Fi 6 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / A-GPS / BEIDOU / GALILEO, USB Type-C, 4G LTE (VoLTE), 5G
- Battery: 4500mAh with 67W wired charging (67W power adapter provided)
- Color Options: Black, Lite Green, Lite Pink
Xiaomi 12 Lite Price in Nepal
The device will soon be available in the global market at a starting price of USD 400. If Xiaomi 12 Lite ever launches in Nepal, we estimate its price to start from NPR 53,500.
|Model||Xiaomi 12 Lite price in the US||Xiaomi 12 Lite price in Nepal (expected)|
|Xiaomi 12 Lite (6/128GB)||USD 400||NPR 53,500|
|Xiaomi 12 Lite (8/128GB)||USD 450||NPR 59,500|
|Xiaomi 12 Lite (8/256GB)||USD 500||NPR 66,500|
Also Read: – Xiaomi Redmi K50: The toned-down vanilla of the Pro