Xiaomi has officially launched its latest flagship smartphone in the Nepali market. Both Xiaomi 12 and 12 Pro started sale in the Chinese market back in January and has launched in Nepal as well. Here, we will discuss the specs, features, availability, and the official price of Xiaomi 12 in Nepal.
Xiaomi 12 Overview
Design and Display
The new Xiaomi 12 flaunts a 6.28-inch AMOLED screen with Full HD+ resolution and 120Hz of high refresh rate. It has curved sides on the screen. The device also boasts HDR10+ contents with 12-bit color depth and Dolby Vision. Further, the display received DisplayMate’s A+ certification and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
The phone weighs around 179/180 grams while embedding the dimension of 152.7×69.9×8.2mm. There are three color options in the device – Black, Blue, and Pink. You can also see a Special Edition phone that has Wild Green Leather.
Performance and Memory
Powering the device is Qualcomm’s flagship processor – Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. It is a 4nm chipset that integrates an octa-core CPU with one Cortex-X2, three Cortex-A710, and four Cortex-A510 cores clocked at the speed of 3.00GHz, 2.50GHz, and 1.80GHz respectively. Likewise, the graphics depart is handled by Adreno 730.
As per memory, you can choose from three configurations – 8/128GB, 8/256GB, and 12/256GB of USF 3.1. Unfortunately, you cannot further expand the internal storage since there is no microSD card slot. On the software front, it comes with Android 12 out-of-the-box running on top of MIUI 13.
Camera and Audio
Under the hood, the new Xiaomi flagship sports a triple camera setup with a 50MP primary camera of f/1.9 aperture. It has a 2.0-microns pixel capacity (4-in-1pixel binning) with the support of PDAF and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). It is a 1/1.56-inch Sony IMX766 sensor that is replaced from that in Xiaomi 12 Pro. The device also has a 13MP ultra-wide lens with an f/2.4 aperture and a 123-degree field of view. This one however has a pixel capacity of 1.12-microns. Finally, the setup is completed with a 5MP telephoto macro shooter.
Upfront, there is a 32MP selfie snapper of 0.7-microns pixel capacity. While the rear camera can record up to 8K videos at the rate of 24 frames per second with HDR10 contents and 4K videos at the rate of 30 frames per second with HDR10+ contents, the front camera is limited to 1080p videos at 30/60 frames per second. Moreover, the rear camera module also holds a Dual-LED dual-tone flash for better night shots.
Moving on to audio, there are stereo speakers for the loudspeaker. But, it doesn’t have a 3.5mm jack for headphones. The speakers however are tuned by Harmon Kardon that sports 24-bit/192kHz audio.
Battery and Extras
Fueling the device is a medium 4,500mAh battery cell with 67W fast charging support. It also has 50W wireless charging capability alongside 10W reverse wireless charging. However, it doesn’t have the Surge P1 chip like that of the Pro version. For biometrics, there is an optical in-display fingerprint sensor and a software-based face unlock system.
There is Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / AGPS / GLONASS / BEIDOU / NavIC, NFC, 5G, and USB Type-C for connectivity options. Likewise, other sensors include an accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Proximity, Electronic Compass, Linear Motor, and finally an IR Blaster.
Xiaomi 12 Specifications
- Body: 152.7 x 69.9 x 8.16/8.66mm, 179/180gm
- Display: 6.28″ AMOLED panel, 120Hz refresh rate, Up to 480Hz touch sampling rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1100nits max brightness, 12-bit colors
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 419 PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 12 with Xiaomi’s MIUI 13 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 50MP Sony IMX766, f/1.88 primary lens
– 13MP f/2.4 ultra-wide lens, 123º FOV
– 5MP telephoto macro sensor (3-7cm)
- Front Camera: 32MP sensor (punch-hole cutout)
- Audio: Stereo speakers by Harman Kardon, Dolby Atmos
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Proximity, Electronic Compass, Linear Motor, IR Blaster
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / AGPS / GLONASS / BEIDOU / NavIC, NFC, 5G, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4,500mAh (single-cell)
- Charging: 67W wired, 50W wireless, 10W reverse wireless
Xiaomi 12 Price in Nepal
The new Xiaomi 12 has already started its sale in Nepal with a price of NPR 92,999 for the 8/128GB memory configuration. You can buy it via any Xiaomi authorized retail store across Nepal.
|Model||Xiaomi 12 price in Nepal (official)|
|Xiaomi 12 (8/128GB)||NPR 92,999|